Showing 1–25 of 36 results
- A THING WELL BEGUN IS HALF DONE. UNCLE SAM—“Finish the canal, McKinley, and make our national expansion complete in your first administration.”
William McKinley & Uncle Sam: a wonderful 1899 persuasive map advocating for the construction of the Nicaragua Canal.Cartographer(s): Frederick Victor GillamPlace/Date: New York / 1899$975 Add to cart
- Plano Comercial de la Capital Federal y sus Alrededores por A. Bemporat [AND] Gran Mapa de Ferrocarriles Sud Americanos compilado por A. Bemporat
Two of Bemporat’s iconic and monumental Argentinian wall maps: a stunning city plan of Buenos Aires and a national railway map.Cartographer(s): Oficina Cartografica BemporatPlace/Date: Juncal/Buenos Aires / 1914$6,400 Add to cart
- “As the Crow Flies” A 200-Ft. “Airline” Boulevard Between Fort Worth and Dallas
A highly artistic broadside for the visionary Dallas-Fort Worth Airline Boulevard: a Depression-era infrastructure project designed to bridge and unite two Texas cities.Cartographer(s): C.K. Chambers (Southwestern Engraving Co.)Place/Date: Fort Worth, Texas / ca. 1930$2,900 Add to cart
- Golden Gate International Exposition 1940. May 25 to September 29. Treasure Island on San Francisco Bay
Promotional poster for the 1939-40 Golden Gate International Expo in San Francisco — an icon of late Art Deco poster art.Cartographer(s): Cornelius “Neil” Cogswell SampsonPlace/Date: Not listed / 1940$2,900 Add to cart
- Map of Peralta Park, Berkeley, Alameda County, Cal. Subdivided October 1878. M.C. King, C.E. Scale 80 Feet to One Inch. Property of M.B. Curtis.
Land grants, failed endeavors, and a fabulously wealthy stage actor: the story of North Berkeley’s Peralta Park.Cartographer(s): Schmidt Label & Litho. Co.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1878$2,450 Add to cart
- Site of Golden Gate-International Exposition: “A pageant of the Pacific”
A masterfully-composed 1939 color panorama of San Francisco and its newly built bridges.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1939$2,700 Add to cart
- Birds Eye View of the Soudan and Surrounding Countries
A marvelous piece of Victorian mapmaking commemorating the famous General Gordon’s exploits at the Siege of Khartoum.Cartographer(s): London Illustrated News; Maclure & Macdonald Lith.ers to the QueenPlace/Date: London / 1888On Hold Read more
- Map of Eastern Virginia Compiled from the best authorities and printed at the Coast Survey Office, A.D. Bache, Supdt. 1862.
Alexander Bache’s Map of Eastern Virginia: a Union map of Washington’s Confederate backyard.Place/Date: Washington, D.C. / 1862$1,700 Add to cart
- Railroad Map of Ohio. Published By The State. 1914.
Connecting people and industries in the Rust Belt: a 1914 folding railroad map of Ohio.Cartographer(s): Columbus Lithograph Co.Place/Date: Columbus, OH / 1914$375 Add to cart
- Preliminary Mineralogical and Geological Map of the State of California Issued By The California State Mining Bureau. January 1st 1891.
A pioneering map of California, in which the entire state is mapped in mineralogical and geological terms for the first time.Cartographer(s): Julius C. HenkeniusPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1891$2,600 Add to cart
- Angling in Troubled Waters. A Serio-Comic Map of Europe by Frederick W. Rose, Author of the “Octopus” Map of Europe.
A never-folded example of Frederick W. Rose’s iconic 1899 caricature map of Europe on a collision course.Place/Date: London / 1899$4,900 Add to cart
- “SWORD AREA” BEACH CHARTLET. Enlargement of Portion F.1016
The liberation of Europe from Tyranny: a World War II hydrographic chart used for planning the British D-Day landing at Sword Beach in Normandy.Cartographer(s): British Admiralty Hydrographic OfficePlace/Date: London / 18th February 1944$1,850 Add to cart
- Bird’s Eye View of the Famous Santa Clara Valley Looking Southerly from San Francisco
A rare and dramatic bird’s-eye-view of Santa Clara Valley.Cartographer(s): Britton & ReyPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1886$2,400 Add to cart
- [Map of Steamship Routes and the Railways and Post Roads of the Russian Empire]
In-progress construction of the Trans-Siberian Railway: a scarce wall map depicting the transportation network of the Russian Empire at the end of the 19th century.Cartographer(s): Cartographic Establishment of Alexey IlyinPlace/Date: St. Petersburg / 1898$1,850 Add to cart
- Nuevo Mapa de Europa Politico y Comercial Illustrado con los Tipos y Uniformes Militares de los Estados de Europa…
Decorative World War I map of Europe with military uniforms and up-to-date borders.Cartographer(s): GadolaPlace/Date: Paris / 1914$1,100 Add to cart
- Hayastan: hamaynagitakan Hayastan (Armenia: Encyclopedic Armenia)
A cartographic celebration of Armenia and Armenian culture.Place/Date: Paris / 1933$1,800 Add to cart
- Carta delle Terre Antartiche Esplorate e Scoperte dalla “Belgica” Compilata da A. Faustini secondo i dati del Commandante A. de Gerlache
Documenting a first in Antarctic exploration: the Belgian Expedition of 1897 to 1899.Cartographer(s): Rare Maps By Stab. P. CasettiPlace/Date: Rome / ca. 1900$580 Add to cart
- Nuevo Mapa de la República Argentina Publicado por Ángel Estrada y Cía.
Detailed late 19th century folding map of Argentina on contemporary linen in original case.Place/Date: Buenos Aires / 1888$150 Add to cart
- Mapa de los ferrocarriles en explotación, construcción y proyecto en España y Portugal
Absolutely gorgeous 1956 railroad map of Spain and Portugal with Francoist coat-of-arms.Cartographer(s): Alfredo Forcano CatalánPlace/Date: Madrid / 4th edition 1956$775 Add to cart
- Cartes Générale des Chemins de Fer et des Voies Navigables de La France
Well-executed 1861 railroad map of France published under Napoleon III.Cartographer(s): Napoléon ChaixPlace/Date: Paris / 1861$575 Add to cart
- Klassischer Boden oder Malerisches Relief des Vierwaldstättersees / Plan Pittoresque du Lac des IV Cantons 1853. Lith Frères Eglin à Lucerne.
Spectacular panoramic view of Lake Lucerne, with dynamic topographic relief and pictorial cities and towns.Cartographer(s): Frères EglinPlace/Date: Lucerne / 1853$1,250 Add to cart
- Planisphère des Croyances Religieuses et des Missions Chrétiennes
Up-to-date statistical map presenting the worldwide distribution of religions in the late 19th century.Cartographer(s): Valérien GroffierPlace/Date: Paris / 1890$975 Add to cart