Showing 1–25 of 47 results
- The American Union Railroad Map Of The United States, British Possessions, West Indies, Mexico, And Central America. 1871. Published by Haasis & Lubrecht, 107 Liberty Street, New York. Smith & McDougal, Electrotypers, 82 Beekman Street, New York.
First edition of Haasis & Lubrecht’s iconic map of an America connected by rail.Cartographer(s): Haasis & LubrechtPlace/Date: New York / 1871$7,800 Add to cart
- Map of the United States of America, the British provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America with part of New Granada and Venezuela
A map of American potential; a map that points towards a great, but still unfulfilled future.Cartographer(s): The Colton Mapmaking CompanyPlace/Date: New York / 1850$4,200 Add to cart
- [Pair of views] Rade et Ville de Sincapour & Rade de Sincapour prise de la maison du Gouverneur
Two of the earliest obtainable views of Singapore.Place/Date: Paris / 1846$7,000 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the United States of America Showing the Country from the Atlantic to the Pacific
G.W. & C.B. Colton’s first U.S.-centric coast-to-coast map of the United States.Cartographer(s): The Colton Mapmaking CompanyPlace/Date: New York / 1867$11,000 Add to cart
- A New Map of Texas, Oregon and California with the Regions Adjoining. Compiled from the most recent authorities
Samuel Augustus Mitchell’s definitive chart of the American West: a quintessential guide for those drawn to the frontier.Cartographer(s): Samuel Augustus MitchellPlace/Date: Philadelphia / 1846$12,500 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the Oil District of West Virginia and Ohio
Mapping an early American oil boom: rare first state of Colton’s Map of West Virginia and Ohio.Cartographer(s): Joseph Hutchins ColtonPlace/Date: New York / 1865$3,600 Add to cart
- Carte pittoresque & maritime de l’Europe: indiquant la division des Etats, les routes et chemins de fer…
Excellent large-format folding map of Europe with city views and figures in local dress.Place/Date: Paris / 1851$525 Add to cart
- West Indies. New Chart shewing the Routes of the Royal Mail Steam Packet Company’s Ships.
The communications lifeline of the British Caribbean: an unrecorded map of the Royal Mail Steam Packet Company’s Ships to the West Indies.Cartographer(s): George Edward MadeleyPlace/Date: London / 1850$2,100 Add to cart
- Carte du Dahomey pour suivre les opérations militaires…
The Fall of the Kingdom of Dahomey: an unrecorded theater of war map for French colonial Africa.Cartographer(s): Garnier FrèresPlace/Date: Paris / 1892$800 Add to cart
- Planisphère élémentaire et illustré indiquant la description géographique des parties connues de la terre…
Whales, Bears, and Mountains: a superb mid-19th century French world map with compelling illustrations.Place/Date: Paris / 1853$975 Add to cart
- Mount Diablo, Historic Meridian Mountain, and Routes of Motorways to Summit
Excellent Worthington Gates bird’s-eye-view of the East Bay and Mt. Diablo.Cartographer(s): Worthington GatesPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1916$975 Add to cart
- Map of Arabia illustrative of W.G. Palgrave’s Journey in 1862-63
19th century map of the Arabian Peninsula with important contemporary political divisions.Cartographer(s): Macmillan & Co.Place/Date: London / 1865$500 Add to cart
- [Map of Mesopotamia, for instruction in military and Ottoman geography]
Mapping the Berlin-Baghdad Railway: official Ottoman government map of Mesopotamia.Cartographer(s): War Academy PressPlace/Date: Baghdad (?) / 1910$2,800 Add to cart
- The up to date map of San Francisco: from latest U. S. Gov. and official surveys.
Scarce pocket map by the famous August Chevalier.Cartographer(s): August ChevalierPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1915$975 Add to cart
- Map of the Spring Valley Water Works compiled from actual surveys
Bringing water from Calaveras Reservoir to Crystal Springs – Spring Valley Water Works pipe line map.Cartographer(s): Rare Maps by Hermann SchüsslerPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1876$500 Add to cart
- General Map of the Surveys for the San Francisco Water Supply made under the direction of the Board of Supervisors…
Large, impressive San Francisco water supply system map.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1875$600 Add to cart
- Richardson’s New Map of the State of Texas Including Part of Mexico Compiled From Government Surveys and Other Authentic Documents…1873
With manuscript additions showing “the most significant railroad construction venture in Texas” — the Texas & Pacific Railway.Cartographer(s): Rare Maps by William RichardsonPlace/Date: Philadelphia / 1873$6,500 Add to cart
- Colton’s New Topographical Map of the Eastern Portion of the State of North Carolina with Part of Virginia and South Carolina from the latest and best authorities.
Rare and important contemporary Civil War map of the Carolina coast Union blockade.Place/Date: New York / 1861$4,500 Add to cart
- Map of a Reconnoissance between Fort Leavenworth on the Missouri River, and the Great Salt Lake in the Territory Of Utah…
One of the seminal cartographic achievements for the mapping of the West, professionally backed on sturdy linen.Place/Date: New York / 1851$650 Add to cart
- Map of the Great Salt Lake And Adjacent Country in the Territory Of Utah. Surveyed in 1849 and 1850…
“Scientific cartography of the Territory of Utah may be said to date from the appearance of this map.” – WheatPlace/Date: New York / 1852$750 Add to cart
- Map of Western Palestine from surveys conducted for The Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. By Lieuts. C. R. Conder and H. H. Kitchener, R. E. Reduced from the one inch map in twenty six sheets. Special Edition Illustrating The New Testament also The Talmud and Josephus (after the birth of Jesus)…
Special edition 1882 New Testament-themed map of Western Palestine.Cartographer(s): Claude R. Conder & Horatio KitchenerPlace/Date: London / 1882$1,000 Add to cart
- Map showing changes on the Water Front of the City and County of San Francisco made by proposed Thoroughfare and System of Piers. T. J. Arnold. Chief Engineer of Board of State Harbor Commissioners.
Constructing San Francisco’s Embarcadero – 1877 map of proposed changes to the waterfront.Cartographer(s): Britton & ReyPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1877$650 Add to cart
- Map Showing the Water Front of the City and County of San Francisco. as established by the Board of State Harbor Commissioners, the Governor of the State of California, and the Mayor of the City & County of San Francisco. September 12th, 1877.
Large 1877 map of the San Francisco waterfront.Cartographer(s): Britton & ReyPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1877$500 Add to cart