Showing 1–25 of 136 results
- Map of the Avenue leading to Golden Gate Park Showing the Proposed Plan of Improvement, Together with that of the Entrance to the Park
1872 William Hammond Hall map of the Panhandle.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1872$195 Add to cart
- 41st Assembly District Showing its Election Precincts, City and County of San Francisco
A rarity of San Francisco — unrecorded 1888 precinct map of the Marina and Pacific Heights with mysterious East Van Ness.Cartographer(s): Dakin Publishing CompanyPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1888Read more
- The American Union Railroad Map Of The United States, British Possessions, West Indies, Mexico, And Central America. 1871. Published by Haasis & Lubrecht, 107 Liberty Street, New York. Smith & McDougal, Electrotypers, 82 Beekman Street, New York.
First edition of Haasis & Lubrecht’s iconic map of an America connected by rail.Cartographer(s): Haasis & LubrechtPlace/Date: New York / 1871Read more
- Map of the United States of America, the British provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America with part of New Granada and Venezuela
A map of American potential; a map that points towards a great, but still unfulfilled future.Cartographer(s): The Colton Mapmaking CompanyPlace/Date: New York / 1850$4,200 Add to cart
- Map of the City of San Francisco, full and complete to the present date. Compiled by Wm. M. Eddy, City Surveyor. January 15th, 1851
A unique and unrecorded variant of William M. Eddy’s iconic 1851 Red Line Map of San Francisco. With evidence of ownership by the great San Franciscan jurist Samuel Wirth Holladay, the first known civil rights lawyer to fight for African-American rights in California.Cartographer(s): William EddyPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1851Read more
- City of San Francisco from Rincon Point Tinted lithographed by C. Parsons N.Y., Deld by F.N. Otis M.D. Surgeon In USM Steamship COS Service, Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855, by F.N. Otis in the Clerk’s Office of the District Court of the Southern District of New York
Before Salesforce Tower: one of the finest and rarest early views of San Francisco.Place/Date: New York / 1855Read more
- [Pair of views] Rade et Ville de Sincapour & Rade de Sincapour prise de la maison du Gouverneur
Two of the earliest obtainable views of Singapore.Place/Date: Paris / 1846$7,000 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the United States of America Showing the Country from the Atlantic to the Pacific
G.W. & C.B. Colton’s first U.S.-centric coast-to-coast map of the United States.Cartographer(s): The Colton Mapmaking CompanyPlace/Date: New York / 1867$11,000 Add to cart
- A New Map of Texas, Oregon and California with the Regions Adjoining. Compiled from the most recent authorities
Samuel Augustus Mitchell’s definitive chart of the American West: a quintessential guide for those drawn to the frontier.Cartographer(s): Samuel Augustus MitchellPlace/Date: Philadelphia / 1846$12,500 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the Oil District of West Virginia and Ohio
Mapping an early American oil boom: rare first state of Colton’s Map of West Virginia and Ohio.Cartographer(s): Joseph Hutchins ColtonPlace/Date: New York / 1865$3,600 Add to cart
- Carte pittoresque & maritime de l’Europe: indiquant la division des Etats, les routes et chemins de fer…
Excellent large-format folding map of Europe with city views and figures in local dress.Place/Date: Paris / 1851$525 Add to cart
- A General Map of the Russian Empire Divided into the Fifty Provinces, Showing Neighboring Domains and Highways.
The Russian Empire at its height of expansion just before the Napoleonic Invasion.Cartographer(s): Alexsandr Dmitrievich SavinkovPlace/Date: St. Petersburg / 1809Read more
- Prospetto della situazione delle dogane e posti di guardia dépendti. dalle sei direzione provinciali de D.I. in Sicilia.
Unusual map of Sicily with a rich array of information.Cartographer(s): Francesco ArancioPlace/Date: Palermo / First edition 1845Read more
- Neueste Post-u. Eisenbahn Karte der Vereinigten Staaten von Nord-America.
Rare German pocket map with inset showing California gold fields and unusual boundaries.Cartographer(s): Sigmund BeyerleinPlace/Date: Nürnberg / 1856Read more
- West Indies. New Chart shewing the Routes of the Royal Mail Steam Packet Company’s Ships.
The communications lifeline of the British Caribbean: an unrecorded map of the Royal Mail Steam Packet Company’s Ships to the West Indies.Cartographer(s): George Edward MadeleyPlace/Date: London / 1850$2,100 Add to cart
- Carte du Dahomey pour suivre les opérations militaires…
The Fall of the Kingdom of Dahomey: an unrecorded theater of war map for French colonial Africa.Cartographer(s): Garnier FrèresPlace/Date: Paris / 1892$800 Add to cart
- Planisphère élémentaire et illustré indiquant la description géographique des parties connues de la terre…
Whales, Bears, and Mountains: a superb mid-19th century French world map with compelling illustrations.Place/Date: Paris / 1853$975 Add to cart
- India int. Gangem merid., India ext. Gangem, Sinarum situs.
Locating Ptolemy on a contemporary map: 19th century map of India and Southeast Asia with classical references.Cartographer(s): Christian Gottlieb ReichardPlace/Date: Nuremberg / 1827Read more
- Carte Générale des États-Unis, des Haut et Bas-Canada, de la Nouvelle Ecosse, du Nouveau Brunswick, de Terre-Neuve, etc.
Partie de la République du Texas – French map of the United States updated to include the Republic of Texas and the city of Austin.Place/Date: Paris / 1843Read more
- Mount Diablo, Historic Meridian Mountain, and Routes of Motorways to Summit
Excellent Worthington Gates bird’s-eye-view of the East Bay and Mt. Diablo.Cartographer(s): Worthington GatesPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1916$975 Add to cart
- Sketch of the Route of Capt. Warner’s Exploring Party in the Sacramento Valley and Sierra Nevada. During the Months of August, September, and October, 1849
Map of the Sacramento Valley detailing an important California route and the demise of Captain William Warner.Cartographer(s): R.S. WilliamsonPlace/Date: Washington, D.C. / 1850Read more