Rare Maps of The United States
Showing all 23 results
- Watson’s New Rail Road and Distance Map of the United States and Canada
Watson’s exquisite 1869 large-format railroad map with large engraving of a locomotive — one of the finest 19th century railroad maps.Cartographer(s): Gaylord WatsonPlace/Date: New York / 1869$4,500 Add to cart
- Watson’s New County and Railroad Map of the Western States and Territories
Watson’s rare 1871 county and railroad map of the West.Cartographer(s): Gaylord WatsonPlace/Date: Chicago / 1871$1,700 Add to cart
- Colton’s Intermediate Railroad Map of the United States
Colton’s fabulous 1882 large-format railroad map in four parts with old Stanford slipcase.Cartographer(s): George Woolworth Colton and Charles B. ColtonPlace/Date: New York / 1882$5,400 Add to cart
- Stanford’s Map of the United States and Part of the Dominion of Canada
Stanford’s 1873 map of the U.S. with detailed geography of the West.Cartographer(s): Edward StanfordPlace/Date: London / 1873$1,400 Add to cart
- Williams New Trans-Continental Map of The Pacific R.R. and Routes of Overland Travel To Colorado, Nebraska, The Black Hills, Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Montana California and the Pacific Coast
1876 Pacific Railroad map with references to notorious stagecoach robber Black Bart.Cartographer(s): Henry T. WilliamsPlace/Date: New York / 1876$2,400 Add to cart
- A Correct Map of the United States, With The West Indies, from the best Authorities by Samuel Lewis 1813…
Extremely rare War of 1812 wall map – an early American masterpiece.Place/Date: Philadelphia / 1813$8,500 Add to cart
- Bird’s Eye View of Salt Lake City Utah Territory 1870
Unparalleled 1870 bird’s-eye-view of Salt Lake City.Cartographer(s): Augustus KochPlace/Date: Chicago / 1870$22,000 Add to cart
- Route of the Mormon Pioneers from Nauvoo to Great Salt Lake.
A rare, separately-published version of this striking panoramic bird’s-eye-view of the route of the Mormon pioneers.Cartographer(s): Millroy & HayesPlace/Date: Salt Lake City / 1899$6,400 Add to cart
- Carte D’Une Partie De L’Amerique Septentrionale, pour servir a l’Histoire derniere Guerre
Mapping post-independence America: 1787 Le Rouge map of the East Coast and the Mississippi Valley.Cartographer(s): Georges-Louis le RougePlace/Date: Paris / 1787$1,400 Add to cart
- Virginiae Item et Floridae Americae Provinciarum, nova Descriptio.
The most important and influential map of Virginia and Carolina to appear in the 17th century, in excellent original color.Cartographer(s): Jodocus HondiusPlace/Date: Amsterdam / ca. 1630$2,200 Add to cart
- Carte Du Golphe Du Mexique Et Des Isles Antilles Reduite de la grande carte Angloise de Popple, Par PH. Buache…1780.
Fine and scarce 18th century map of the Gulf Coast, Florida, and the West Indies.Place/Date: Paris / 1780$1,300 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the Oil District of West Virginia and Ohio
Mapping an early American oil boom: rare first state of Colton’s Map of West Virginia and Ohio.Cartographer(s): Joseph Hutchins ColtonPlace/Date: New York / 1865$3,600 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the United States of America Showing the Country from the Atlantic to the Pacific
G.W. & C.B. Colton’s first U.S.-centric coast-to-coast map of the United States.Place/Date: New York / 1867$11,000 Add to cart
- Railroad Map of Ohio. Published By The State. 1914.
Connecting people and industries in the Rust Belt: a 1914 folding railroad map of Ohio.Cartographer(s): Columbus Lithograph Co.Place/Date: Columbus, OH / 1914$375 Add to cart
- They’ve got an invisible program to end an undeclared war backed by a silent majority.
A sharp anti-Vietnam War protest broadside that captured the zeitgeist of the time, matched the moment, and pulled no punches.Cartographer(s): Robert GrossmanPlace/Date: New York City / 1970$1,450 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the United States of America, The British Provinces, Mexico and The West Indies Showing the Countries From the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean
Colton’s spectacular wall map of a rapidly expanding America.Place/Date: New York / 1854$9,500 Add to cart
- Map of the United States of America, the British provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America with part of New Granada and Venezuela
A map of American potential; a map that points towards a great, but still unfulfilled future.Place/Date: New York / 1850$4,200 Add to cart