Map Showing Property of South San Francisco Land and Improvement Co at South San Francisco, San Mateo County, California
Detailed 1907 Britton & Rey lithograph of South San Francisco.
Out of stock
Map of South San Francisco with an inset of the peninsula from South San Francisco to the Golden Gate and the East Bay.
The site of the South San Francisco was selected by G. F. Swift and purchased by Peter Iler of Omaha in 1890, in order to replicate the cattle stockyards and marketplaces common in Omaha. They partnered with some Chicago backers and formed two joint stock corporations, one named South San Francisco Land and Improvement Company, while the other branch was known as the Western Meat Company.
Compiled and Drawn by Punnett Bros. Lithographed by Britton & Rey.
Old folds, a few repaired tears, some spotting in places; very good overall.
No copies of the map are located by OCLC/WorldCat.