Showing 1–25 of 252 results
- A New and Accurat Map of the World Drawne according to ye truest Descriptions latest Discoveries & best observations yt have beene made by English or Strangers. 1651.
John Speed’s unparalleled map of the world.Cartographer(s): John SpeedPlace/Date: London / (1651) 1676$14,800 Add to cart
- [World] Continentem Dudum Notam Componebat . . . (and) Continentem Noviter Detectam Componebat
Two paradigm-setting milestones in one map: the first printed map to use a full globular projection, and the first world map to accurately depict the course of the Rio Grande flowing into the Gulf of Mexico.Place/Date: Rome / [First state] 1660$6,500 Add to cart
- Europam et Asiæ partem Sic describere Conabar Ioannes Baptista Nocolosius S.T.D. Secondarily: Imperium Romano-Germanicum Secundum Decem Circulos Diuisum Describebat Ioannes Baptista Nicolosius S.T.D. & Italia Secundum Dominatus Descripta per Ioannem Baptistam Nicolosivm.S.T.D.
Nicolosi’s impressive four-sheet map of Europe, with the Holy Roman Empire and late-Renaissance Italy.Place/Date: Rome / [First state] 1660$1,800 Add to cart
- Asia Ex Conatibus Geographicis Ioannis Baptistae Nicolosii S.T.D.
Nicolosi’s gorgeous four-sheet map of Asia.Place/Date: Rome / [First state] 1660$6,500 Add to cart
- “As the Crow Flies” A 200-Ft. “Airline” Boulevard Between Fort Worth and Dallas
A highly artistic broadside for the visionary Dallas-Fort Worth Airline Boulevard: a Depression-era infrastructure project designed to bridge and unite two Texas cities.Cartographer(s): C.K. Chambers (Southwestern Engraving Co.)Place/Date: Fort Worth, Texas / ca. 1930$2,900 Add to cart
- A Topographical Map of the Republick of Genoua, Taken from the Celebrated Map by Chaffrion…1764 / To the Right Honourable James Steward Mackenzie, Lord Privy Seal of Scotland, One of His Majesty’s most Honourable Privy Council, and Late His Majesty’s Envoy Extraordinary and Plenipoteniary to the King Of Sardina. This Map is most Humbly Inscribed…
A spectacular and historically important 18th century wall-map of the Republic of Genoa.Cartographer(s): Andrew DuryPlace/Date: London / 1764$4,400 Add to cart
- [Sequential Panoramic Triptych] The Burning City, The Ruins, and the Business Section of San Francisco
A scarce R.J. Waters three panoramic photograph sequence of San Francisco destroyed and rebuilt.Cartographer(s): R.J. Waters CompanyPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1914$1,750 Add to cart
- Carte Tres Curieuse de la Mer du Sud, Contenant des Remarques Nouvelles et Tres Utiles non Seulement sur les Ports et Iles de Cette Mer
Henri Chatelain’s magnificent map of the Western Hemisphere in extraordinary color and condition.Cartographer(s): Henri Abraham ChatelainPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1719$16,000 Add to cart
- Map of San Francisco Showing Principal Streets and Places of Interest
The greatest and grandest pictorial map of San Francisco, representing the best of Roaring Twenties cartographic wit and optimism.Cartographer(s): Harrison GodwinPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1927$2,800 Add to cart
- Golden Gate International Exposition 1940. May 25 to September 29. Treasure Island on San Francisco Bay
Promotional poster for the 1939-40 Golden Gate International Expo in San Francisco — an icon of late Art Deco poster art.Cartographer(s): Cornelius “Neil” Cogswell SampsonPlace/Date: Not listed / 1940$2,900 Add to cart
- Bankoku Ichiran no Zu [Japanese Manuscript Map of the World]
The Privileged Outlook of the Shōgun: the manuscript map behind Koyano Ishun’s famous map of the world. A rare and monumental manuscript wall-map compiled during the isolationism of the Edo-period (1600-1868) and depicting a world that is more imagined than observed.Cartographer(s): Koyano IshunPlace/Date: Osaka / ca. 1800$45,000 Add to cart
- Map of the United States of America, the British provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America with part of New Granada and Venezuela
A map of American potential; a map that points towards a great, but still unfulfilled future.Cartographer(s): The Colton Mapmaking CompanyPlace/Date: New York / 1850$4,200 Add to cart
- Marvelous Marin, Home of Muir Woods National Monument
A marvelous work for a marvelous place: a 1960s pictorial map of Marin County, CA.Cartographer(s): Marin Tourism BureauPlace/Date: San Rafael / ca. 1960$275 Add to cart
- Map of Peralta Park, Berkeley, Alameda County, Cal. Subdivided October 1878. M.C. King, C.E. Scale 80 Feet to One Inch. Property of M.B. Curtis.
Land grants, failed endeavors, and a fabulously wealthy stage actor: the story of North Berkeley’s Peralta Park.Cartographer(s): Schmidt Label & Litho. Co.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1878$2,450 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the United States of America, The British Provinces, Mexico and The West Indies Showing the Countries From the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean
Colton’s spectacular wall map of a rapidly expanding America.Cartographer(s): The Colton Mapmaking CompanyPlace/Date: New York / 1854$9,500 Add to cart
- Internationally Famous Jack London District…Oakland, California.
A scarce 1952 pictorial map promoting Oakland’s Jack London District, published just one year after its dedication.Cartographer(s): Alva "Ted" Hubbard (Hubbard Advertising Agency)Place/Date: Oakland / 1952$825 Add to cart
- Orbis Typus Universalis Iuxta Hydrographorum Traditionem Exactissime Depicta 1522 L.F.
One of the earliest obtainable maps on the open market to name ‘America.’Place/Date: Lyon / 1535$8,300 Add to cart
- Site of Golden Gate-International Exposition: “A pageant of the Pacific”
A masterfully-composed 1939 color panorama of San Francisco and its newly built bridges.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1939$2,700 Add to cart
- Diefert Situs Orbis Hydrographorum ab eo quem Ptolomeus Posuit
Laurent Fries’ third World Map from the 1535 Servetus Edition.Place/Date: Lyon / 1535$6,300 Add to cart