Rare Maps of North America and the Western Hemisphere
Showing 1–25 of 29 results
- Americae Pars Borealis, Florida, Baccalaos, Canada, Corterealis. A Cornelio de Iudæis in luce edita.
The first printed folio map of North America and the most iconic American chart of the 16th century.Cartographer(s): Gerard & Cornelius de JodePlace/Date: Antwerp / 1593$42,500 Add to cart
- Descriptio Indiae Occidentalis per Antonium de Herrera.
The first map to show California as an island!Cartographer(s): Michiel ColijnPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1622$2,900 Add to cart
- L’America settentrionale nuovamente corretta, et accresciuta secondo le relationi più moderne da Guglielmo Sansone
Spectacular old color Italian edition of Sanson’s seminal map of North America.Cartographer(s): Giacomo Giovanni de RossiPlace/Date: Rome / 1677$2,800 Add to cart
- AMERICA SETTENTRIONALE Colle Nuove Scoperte fin all’Anno 1688…
Coronelli’s decisive 1688 map of the North American continent depicting California as an Island.Place/Date: Venice / 1688$13,500 Add to cart
- L’Amerique, Meridionale et Septentrionale Dressee selon les Dernieres Relations et Suivant les Nouvelles Decouvertes…
Finely-engraved small map of the Western Hemisphere featuring a prominent Island of California and three elaborate cartouches.Cartographer(s): Nicholas de FerPlace/Date: Paris / 1700Read more
- A GENERAL MAP OF NORTH AMERICA; In which is Express’d The Several New Roads, Forts, Engagements, &c. taken from Actual Surveys and Observations Made in the Army employ’d there, From the Year 1745, to 1761: Drawn by the Late JOHN ROCQUE, Topographer to his MAJESTY.
An astonishing copy of John and Mary Ann Rocque’s seminal map of North America: The most accurate map of the continent at the time, finalized and published by the first female cartographer to depict North America.Place/Date: London / 1762Read more
- A Chart of North and South America, Including the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, with the nearest Coasts of Europe, Africa, and Asia
Sayer-Bennet-Mead’s 1775 detailed chart of the Western Hemisphere with Pacific and Arctic routes of exploration.Place/Date: London / 1775$5,500 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the United States of America, The British Provinces, Mexico and The West Indies Showing the Countries From the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean
Colton’s spectacular wall map of a rapidly expanding America.Cartographer(s): The Colton Mapmaking CompanyPlace/Date: New York / 1854$9,500 Add to cart