Showing 1–25 of 41 results
- A THING WELL BEGUN IS HALF DONE. UNCLE SAM—“Finish the canal, McKinley, and make our national expansion complete in your first administration.”
William McKinley & Uncle Sam: a wonderful 1899 persuasive map advocating for the construction of the Nicaragua Canal.Cartographer(s): Frederick Victor GillamPlace/Date: New York / 1899$975 Add to cart
- Carmel-By-the-Sea Past and Present (with original envelope!)
This information-packed, cartoon-style map of Carmel-by-the-Sea in California is a typical example of Jo Mora’s innovative style of mapmaking and one of the most iconic maps from his hand.Cartographer(s): Jo MoraPlace/Date: Carmel-By-The-Sea / 1942$1,800 Add to cart
- “As the Crow Flies” A 200-Ft. “Airline” Boulevard Between Fort Worth and Dallas
A highly artistic broadside for the visionary Dallas-Fort Worth Airline Boulevard: a Depression-era infrastructure project designed to bridge and unite two Texas cities.Cartographer(s): C.K. Chambers (Southwestern Engraving Co.)Place/Date: Fort Worth, Texas / ca. 1930$2,900 Add to cart
- Golden Gate International Exposition 1940. May 25 to September 29. Treasure Island on San Francisco Bay
Promotional poster for the 1939-40 Golden Gate International Expo in San Francisco — an icon of late Art Deco poster art.Cartographer(s): Cornelius “Neil” Cogswell SampsonPlace/Date: Not listed / 1940$2,900 Add to cart
- Marvelous Marin, Home of Muir Woods National Monument
A marvelous work for a marvelous place: a 1960s pictorial map of Marin County, CA.Cartographer(s): Marin Tourism BureauPlace/Date: San Rafael / ca. 1960$275 Add to cart
- Map of Peralta Park, Berkeley, Alameda County, Cal. Subdivided October 1878. M.C. King, C.E. Scale 80 Feet to One Inch. Property of M.B. Curtis.
Land grants, failed endeavors, and a fabulously wealthy stage actor: the story of North Berkeley’s Peralta Park.Cartographer(s): Schmidt Label & Litho. Co.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1878$2,450 Add to cart
- Site of Golden Gate-International Exposition: “A pageant of the Pacific”
A masterfully-composed 1939 color panorama of San Francisco and its newly built bridges.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1939$2,700 Add to cart
- They’ve got an invisible program to end an undeclared war backed by a silent majority.
A sharp anti-Vietnam War protest broadside that captured the zeitgeist of the time, matched the moment, and pulled no punches.Cartographer(s): Robert GrossmanPlace/Date: New York City / 1970$1,450 Add to cart
- Map of Eastern Virginia Compiled from the best authorities and printed at the Coast Survey Office, A.D. Bache, Supdt. 1862.
Alexander Bache’s Map of Eastern Virginia: a Union map of Washington’s Confederate backyard.Place/Date: Washington, D.C. / 1862$1,700 Add to cart
- Preliminary Mineralogical and Geological Map of the State of California Issued By The California State Mining Bureau. January 1st 1891.
A pioneering map of California, in which the entire state is mapped in mineralogical and geological terms for the first time.Cartographer(s): Julius C. HenkeniusPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1891$2,600 Add to cart
- Angling in Troubled Waters. A Serio-Comic Map of Europe by Frederick W. Rose, Author of the “Octopus” Map of Europe.
A never-folded example of Frederick W. Rose’s iconic 1899 caricature map of Europe on a collision course.Place/Date: London / 1899$4,900 Add to cart
- “SWORD AREA” BEACH CHARTLET. Enlargement of Portion F.1016
The liberation of Europe from Tyranny: a World War II hydrographic chart used for planning the British D-Day landing at Sword Beach in Normandy.Cartographer(s): British Admiralty Hydrographic OfficePlace/Date: London / 18th February 1944$1,850 Add to cart
- Bird’s Eye View of the Famous Santa Clara Valley Looking Southerly from San Francisco
A rare and dramatic bird’s-eye-view of Santa Clara Valley.Cartographer(s): Britton & ReyPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1886$2,400 Add to cart
- [Title in Russian] Iraq
Cold War era Soviet map of Ba’athist Iraq.Cartographer(s): General Directorate of Geodesy and Cartography (USSR)Place/Date: Moscow / 1966$150 Add to cart
- [Title in Russian] Syria
Cold War era Soviet map of Syria.Cartographer(s): General Directorate of Geodesy and Cartography (USSR)Place/Date: Moscow / 1977$175 Add to cart