Rare Maps of Curiosities - Miscellanea
Showing all 9 results
- Erythraei Sive Rubri Maris Periplus, olim ab Arriano descriptus, nunc vero ab Abrah. Orelio ex eodem delineatus
Illustrating a mysterious ancient text: fascinating Ortelius map mixing classical mythology and contemporary exploration.Cartographer(s): Abraham OrteliusPlace/Date: Antwerp / 1624$1,200 Add to cart
- The South Isles of Orkney, with the Rocks, Tides, Soundings &c. Surveyed and Navigated by Murdoch Mackenzie
A landmark survey of the South Orkneys featuring pioneering work in the use of triangulation.Cartographer(s): Murdoch MackenziePlace/Date: Edinburgh (?) / 1750$1,600 Add to cart
- RECONNAISSANCE OF THE WESTERN COAST OF THE UNITED STATES MIDDLE SHEET FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO UMPQUAH RIVER
Eminent geographer and historian George Davidson tracks the West Coast voyage of Sebastian Vizcaino.Cartographer(s): Office of the Coast SurveyPlace/Date: Washington, D.C. /  1854$2,900 Add to cart
- Angling in Troubled Waters. A Serio-Comic Map of Europe by Frederick W. Rose, Author of the “Octopus” Map of Europe.
A never-folded example of Frederick W. Rose’s iconic 1899 caricature map of Europe on a collision course.Place/Date: London / 1899$4,900 Add to cart
- Hayastan: hamaynagitakan Hayastan (Armenia: Encyclopedic Armenia)
A cartographic celebration of Armenia and Armenian culture.Place/Date: Paris / 1933$1,800 Add to cart
- [Title in Russian] Russian Empire in the 18th Century (European Section)
Educating school children during the Cold War: Soviet historical wall map of the Russian Empire in the 18th century.Cartographer(s): General Directorate of Geodesy and Cartography (USSR)Place/Date: Moscow / 1967$675 Add to cart
- They’ve got an invisible program to end an undeclared war backed by a silent majority.
A sharp anti-Vietnam War protest broadside that captured the zeitgeist of the time, matched the moment, and pulled no punches.Cartographer(s): Robert GrossmanPlace/Date: New York City / 1970$1,450 Add to cart