Rare Maps of the East Coast
Showing 1–25 of 26 results
- Virginiae Item et Floridae Americae Provinciarum, nova Descriptio.
The most important and influential map of Virginia and Carolina to appear in the 17th century, in excellent original color.Cartographer(s): Jodocus HondiusPlace/Date: Amsterdam / ca. 1630$2,600 Add to cart
- A MAP of the most INHABITED part of NEW ENGLAND, containing the PROVINCES of MASSACHUSETS BAY and NEW HAMPSHIRE, with the COLONIES of KONEKTIKUT AND RHODE ISLAND. Divided into Counties and Townships: The whole composed of Actual Surveys and its situation adjusted by ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATIONS.
An exquisite FIRST EDITION-FIRST STATE of Braddock Mead and Thomas Jefferys’ authoritative map of New England; the finest chart of the region produced in the 18th century.Place/Date: London / November 29th, 1755$65,000 Add to cart
- The British Governments in Nth. America Laid Down Agreeable to the Proclamation of Octr. 7. 1763
Map of boundaries following the French and Indian War, with Bermuda insetCartographer(s): John GibsonPlace/Date: London / 1763Read more
- America Septentrionalis a Domino d’Anville in Galliis edita nunc in Anglia Coloniis in Interiorem Virginiam…
1777 Revolutionary War issue of Homann’s map of the United StatesCartographer(s): Homann HeirsPlace/Date: Nuremberg / 1777Read more
- Carte du Théatre de la Guerre actuel entre les Anglais et les Trieze Colonies Unies de l’Amerique Septentrionale dressée par J. B. Eliot Ingénieurs des Etats Unis 1778.
First map to name the United States and a contemporaneous illustration of the American Revolutionary War.Cartographer(s): Louis-Joseph MondharePlace/Date: Paris / 1778Read more
- Carte Du Golphe Du Mexique Et Des Isles Antilles Reduite de la grande carte Angloise de Popple, Par PH. Buache…1780.
Dezauche’s exquisite chart of the Gulf Coast, Florida, and Caribbean Archipelago depicts a French Colonial Empire that is slowly falling apart.Place/Date: Paris / 1780$2,250 Add to cart
- Etats-Unis De L’Amerique Septentrionale Avec Les Isles Royale, De Terre Neuve, De St. Jean, L’Acadie &c.
State names that never were: post-Independence map of the U.S. with Jefferson’s 10 proposed states and early Michigan.Place/Date: Paris / ca. 1785Read more
- Carte D’Une Partie De L’Amerique Septentrionale, pour servir a l’Histoire derniere Guerre
Mapping post-independence America: 1787 Le Rouge map of the East Coast and the Mississippi Valley.Cartographer(s): Georges-Louis le RougePlace/Date: Paris / 1787$1,400 Add to cart
- Manuscript Chart of the Western Atlantic and Eastern American Seaboard
Master & Commander: a manuscript map of Napoleonic War Atlantic maritime activity unlike any other.Cartographer(s): AnonymousPlace/Date: Not listed / ca. 1797Read more
- Gli Stati Uniti dell’America Delineati sulle ultime Osservazioni…
Cassini’s multi-sheet map of Colonial North America in original black and whiteCartographer(s): Giovanni Maria CassiniPlace/Date: Rome / 1797Read more
- A Correct Map of the United States, With The West Indies, from the best Authorities by Samuel Lewis 1813…
This extremely rare War of 1812 wall map is an early masterpiece of American cartography and a testimony to America’s footing and dignity as an independent nation.Cartographer(s): Samuel LewisPlace/Date: Philadelphia / 1813$9,500 Add to cart
- Mitchell’s Reference and Distance Map of the United States, by J. H. Young
Mitchell’s amazing wall-map of an adolescent America, presented here in a rare first edition with brilliant original color. A seminal and impressive masterpiece in American cartography.Place/Date: Philadelphia / 1834Read more
- Carte Générale des États-Unis, des Haut et Bas-Canada, de la Nouvelle Ecosse, du Nouveau Brunswick, de Terre-Neuve, etc.
Partie de la République du Texas – French map of the United States updated to include the Republic of Texas and the city of Austin.Place/Date: Paris / 1843Read more
- Neueste Post-u. Eisenbahn Karte der Vereinigten Staaten von Nord-America.
Rare German pocket map with inset showing California gold fields and unusual boundaries.Cartographer(s): Sigmund BeyerleinPlace/Date: Nürnberg / 1856Read more
- Panorama of the Seat of the War Birds Eye View of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia
First state! Dramatic panoramic view of the central theater of the American Civil War.Cartographer(s): John BachmannPlace/Date: New York / 1861$3,800 Add to cart
- Colton’s New Topographical Map of the Eastern Portion of the State of North Carolina with Part of Virginia and South Carolina from the latest and best authorities.
Rare and important contemporary Civil War map of the Carolina coast Union blockade.Place/Date: New York / 1861$4,500 Add to cart
- Map of Eastern Virginia Compiled from the best authorities and printed at the Coast Survey Office, A.D. Bache, Supdt. 1862.
Alexander Bache’s Map of Eastern Virginia: a Union map of Washington’s Confederate backyard.Place/Date: Washington, D.C. / 1862$1,700 Add to cart
- Map of the Battle Field of Gettysburg. July 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Bachelder’s authoritative three-part map of the Gettysburg battlefield.Place/Date: Boston / 1876Read more