Showing 1–25 of 65 results
- Internationally Famous Jack London District…Oakland, California.
A scarce 1952 pictorial map promoting Oakland’s Jack London District, published just one year after its dedication.Cartographer(s): Alva "Ted" Hubbard (Hubbard Advertising Agency)Place/Date: Oakland / 1952$825 Add to cart
- Orbis Typus Universalis Iuxta Hydrographorum Traditionem Exactissime Depicta 1522 L.F.
One of the earliest obtainable maps on the open market to name ‘America.’Place/Date: Lyon / 1535$8,300 Add to cart
- Diefert Situs Orbis Hydrographorum ab eo quem Ptolomeus Posuit
Laurent Fries’ third World Map from the 1535 Servetus Edition.Place/Date: Lyon / 1535$6,300 Add to cart
- Nova Pulcherrimæ Civitatis Florentiae Topographia Accuratiss Delineata
Gorgeous and richly-detailed Late Renaissance bird’s-eye-view of Florence, Italy.Cartographer(s): Donato RascicottiPlace/Date: Venice / ca. 1598$6,500 Add to cart
- [Pair of views] Rade et Ville de Sincapour & Rade de Sincapour prise de la maison du Gouverneur
Two of the earliest obtainable views of Singapore.Place/Date: Paris / 1846$7,000 Add to cart
- RECONNAISSANCE OF THE WESTERN COAST OF THE UNITED STATES MIDDLE SHEET FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO UMPQUAH RIVER
Eminent geographer and historian George Davidson tracks the West Coast voyage of Sebastian Vizcaino.Cartographer(s): Office of the Coast SurveyPlace/Date: Washington, D.C. /  1854$2,900 Add to cart
- AMERICA SETTENTRIONALE Colle Nuove Scoperte fin all’Anno 1688…
Coronelli’s decisive 1688 map of the North American continent depicting California as an Island.Cartographer(s): Vincenzo CoronelliPlace/Date: Venice / 1688$13,500 Add to cart
- Pair of panoramic photographs of post-1906 earthquake San Francisco from the Pillsbury Picture Company
Two urban panoramas unlike any other: heartbreaking documentation of the devastation caused by the 1906 earthquake.Cartographer(s): Pillsbury Picture Co.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1906$2,400 Add to cart
- Panama-Pacific International Exposition Panorama Photograph 1915
A snapshot in time for San Francisco’s Marina District: a stunning full panoramic view of the 1915 Panama–Pacific International World’s Fair.Cartographer(s): Cardinell-Vincent Co.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1915$3,500 Add to cart
- Descriptio Indiae Occidentalis per Antonium de Herrera.
The first map to show California as an island!Cartographer(s): Michiel ColijnPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1622$2,900 Add to cart
- Carta particolare dello istreto e Mare iscoperto da Hen:º Hudson Ingilese nel. 1611…
An essential map for Canada collectors: the first sea chart of Hudson Bay and Hudson Strait, leaving open the possibility of a Northwest Passage.Cartographer(s): Sir Robert DudleyPlace/Date: Florence / (1647) 1661$12,000 Add to cart
- Mapa Misional Juniperiano. Mallorca, México y Alta California.
Mapping the life and work of Junipero Serra, including the Spanish mission system in California.Cartographer(s): Ramón Ferrer de Sant Jordi Truyols (Formiguera)Place/Date: Spain? / 1979$350 Add to cart
- Chart of the East Coast of Madagascar, including the Mauritius, Seychelle Islands and c.
A charming representation of a grim reality: nautical chart of East Madagascar marked-up to document an extended whale hunt.Cartographer(s): British Admiralty Hydrographic Office , John Walker , Rare Maps by Cartographer William Fitzwilliam OwenPlace/Date: London / 1846$1,650 Add to cart
- Seno de California, y su costa oriental nuevamente descubierta, y registrada desde el Cabo de las Virgenas, hasta su termino, que es el Rio Colorado ano 1747…
Consag’s seminal map of California which conclusively ended the classic cartographic myth that California was an island.Cartographer(s): Fernando ConsagPlace/Date: Madrid / 1757$975 Add to cart
- Carte des Découverts des Russes dans la Mer Orientale, et en Amerique Pour Servir à L’essai, Sur le commerce de Russie.
Between Bering & Cook: 1777 Croisey Map of Russian Discoveries in Alaska and the Bering Strait.Cartographer(s): P. CroiseyPlace/Date: Paris / 1777$1,700 Add to cart
- Carta Esferica De Una Parte de la Costa Setentrional y Meridional de la Isla de Cuba…
Excellent Spanish sea chart of western Cuba.Cartographer(s): Direccion Hidrografica de MadridPlace/Date: Madrid / 1837$925 Add to cart
- New Voyages to North-America. Containing an Account of the Several Nations of That Vast Continent…
First English edition of Lahontan’s description and mapping of New France, which propagated the myth of the Northwest Passage.Place/Date: London / 1703$8,000 Add to cart
- The up to date map of San Francisco: from latest U. S. Gov. and official surveys.
Scarce pocket map by the famous August Chevalier.Cartographer(s): August ChevalierPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1915$975 Add to cart