Featured Maps & Views
Showing 1–25 of 36 results
- Watson’s New Rail Road and Distance Map of the United States and Canada
Watson’s New Rail Road and Distance Map of the United States and Canada — in an exceptional railroad-style frame, if desired.Cartographer(s): Gaylord WatsonPlace/Date: New York / 1869$4,500 Add to cart
- Manuscript Chart of the Western Atlantic and Eastern American Seaboard
Master & Commander: a manuscript map of Napoleonic War Atlantic maritime activity unlike any other.Place/Date: Not listed / ca. 1797Read more
- A Correct Map of the United States, With The West Indies, from the best Authorities by Samuel Lewis 1813…
This extremely rare War of 1812 wall map is an early masterpiece of American cartography and a testimony to America’s footing and dignity as an independent nation.Cartographer(s): Samuel LewisPlace/Date: Philadelphia / 1813$9,500 Add to cart
- Carte Tres Curieuse de la Mer du Sud, Contenant des Remarques Nouvelles et Tres Utiles non Seulement sur les Ports et Iles de Cette Mer
Henri Chatelain’s magnificent map of the Western Hemisphere in extraordinary color and condition.Cartographer(s): Henri Abraham ChatelainPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1719$16,000 Add to cart
- The American Union Railroad Map Of The United States, British Possessions, West Indies, Mexico, And Central America. 1871. Published by Haasis & Lubrecht, 107 Liberty Street, New York. Smith & McDougal, Electrotypers, 82 Beekman Street, New York.
First edition of Haasis & Lubrecht’s iconic map of an America connected by rail.Cartographer(s): Haasis & LubrechtPlace/Date: New York / 1871Read more
- Orbis Typus Universalis Iuxta Hydrographorum Traditionem Exactissime Depicta 1522 L.F.
One of the earliest obtainable maps on the open market to name ‘America.’Cartographer(s): Rare Maps by Cartographer Laurent FriesPlace/Date: Lyon / 1535$8,300 Add to cart
- City of San Francisco from Rincon Point Tinted lithographed by C. Parsons N.Y., Deld by F.N. Otis M.D. Surgeon In USM Steamship COS Service, Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855, by F.N. Otis in the Clerk’s Office of the District Court of the Southern District of New York
Before Salesforce Tower: one of the finest and rarest early views of San Francisco.Place/Date: New York / 1855Read more
- Nova Pulcherrimæ Civitatis Florentiae Topographia Accuratiss Delineata
Gorgeous and richly-detailed Late Renaissance bird’s-eye-view of Florence, Italy.Cartographer(s): Donato RascicottiPlace/Date: Venice / ca. 1598$6,500 Add to cart
- Americae Pars Borealis, Florida, Baccalaos, Canada, Corterealis. A Cornelio de Iudæis in luce edita.
The first printed folio map of North America and the most iconic American chart of the 16th century.Cartographer(s): Gerard & Cornelius de JodePlace/Date: Antwerp / 1593$42,500 Add to cart
- Novissima et accuratissima totius Americae descriptio; Accuratissima totius Asiae tabula recens emendata; Totius Africae accuratissima tabula; & Nova et accurata totius Europae descriptio. Per FREDERICUM DE WIT.
A spectacularly preserved and coherent 4-map set by Frederick De Wit, one of the most prominent and successful Dutch cartographers of the 17th century.Cartographer(s): Frederick de WitPlace/Date: Amsterdam / ca. 1680$16,000 Add to cart
- A MAP of the most INHABITED part of NEW ENGLAND, containing the PROVINCES of MASSACHUSETS BAY and NEW HAMPSHIRE, with the COLONIES of KONEKTIKUT AND RHODE ISLAND. Divided into Counties and Townships: The whole composed of Actual Surveys and its situation adjusted by ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATIONS.
An exquisite FIRST EDITION-FIRST STATE of Braddock Mead and Thomas Jefferys’ authoritative map of New England; the finest chart of the region produced in the 18th century.Place/Date: London / November 29th, 1755$65,000 Add to cart
- Panama-Pacific International Exposition Panorama Photograph 1915
A snapshot in time for San Francisco’s Marina District: a stunning full panoramic view of the 1915 Panama–Pacific International World’s Fair.Cartographer(s): Cardinell-Vincent Co.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1915$3,500 Add to cart
- Nova Illustrissimi Principatus Pomeraniae Descriptio
An exceptionally rare cartographic masterpiece — the finest and most important map of Pomerania, the plates of which were rediscovered in an attic after lost during the Thirty Years’ War.Cartographer(s): Professor Eilhard LübbenPlace/Date: Amsterdam /  1758$35,000 Add to cart
- Paskaerte Zynde t’Oosterdeel van Oost Indien, met Alle de Eylanden daer Ontrendt Geleegen van C. Comorin tot aen Japan
An accomplished work of design and engraving: 1666 chart of Southeast Asia by Abraham Goos with original color.Cartographer(s): Pieter GoosPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1666$9,000 Add to cart
- Nova Descriptio Geographica Tattariae Magnae Tam Orientalis Quam Occidentalis In Particularibus Et Generalibus Territoriis Una Cum Delineatione Totius Imperii Russici Imprimis Siberiae Accurate Ostensa.
A special issue of Strahlenberg’s masterpiece map of Imperial Russia and Siberia.Place/Date: Paris / 1730Read more
- Map of the Outside Lands of the City and County of San Francisco Showing Reservations Selected for Public Purposes, under the Provisions of Order No. 800
Mapping the Outside Lands – foundational map for the history of San Francisco.Cartographer(s): Britton & Rey, Committee on Outside Lands of Board of SupervisorsPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1868Read more
- Richardson’s New Map of the State of Texas Including Part of Mexico Compiled From Government Surveys and Other Authentic Documents…1873
With manuscript additions showing “the most significant railroad construction venture in Texas” — the Texas & Pacific Railway.Cartographer(s): Rare Maps by William RichardsonPlace/Date: Philadelphia / 1873$6,500 Add to cart
- Colton’s New Topographical Map of the Eastern Portion of the State of North Carolina with Part of Virginia and South Carolina from the latest and best authorities.
Rare and important contemporary Civil War map of the Carolina coast Union blockade.Place/Date: New York / 1861$4,500 Add to cart
- Panorama of the Seat of the War Birds Eye View of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia
First state! Dramatic panoramic view of the central theater of the American Civil War.Cartographer(s): John BachmannPlace/Date: New York / 1861$3,800 Add to cart
- Route of the Mormon Pioneers from Nauvoo to Great Salt Lake.
A rare, separately-published version of this striking panoramic bird’s-eye-view of the route of the Mormon pioneers.Cartographer(s): Millroy & HayesPlace/Date: Salt Lake City / 1899$6,400 Add to cart