Rare Maps of the East Coast
Showing all 8 results
- Map of Eastern Virginia Compiled from the best authorities and printed at the Coast Survey Office, A.D. Bache, Supdt. 1862.
Alexander Bache’s Map of Eastern Virginia: a Union map of Washington’s Confederate backyard.Place/Date: Washington, D.C. / 1862$1,700 Add to cart
- A MAP of the most INHABITED part of NEW ENGLAND, containing the PROVINCES of MASSACHUSETS BAY and NEW HAMPSHIRE, with the COLONIES of KONEKTIKUT AND RHODE ISLAND. Divided into Counties and Townships: The whole composed of Actual Surveys and its situation adjusted by ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATIONS.
An exquisite FIRST EDITION-FIRST STATE of Braddock Mead and Thomas Jefferys’ authoritative map of New England; the finest chart of the region produced in the 18th century.Place/Date: London / November 29th, 1755$65,000 Add to cart
- Virginiae Item et Floridae Americae Provinciarum, nova Descriptio.
The most important and influential map of Virginia and Carolina to appear in the 17th century, in excellent original color.Cartographer(s): Jodocus HondiusPlace/Date: Amsterdam / ca. 1630$2,200 Add to cart
- Carte D’Une Partie De L’Amerique Septentrionale, pour servir a l’Histoire derniere Guerre
Mapping post-independence America: 1787 Le Rouge map of the East Coast and the Mississippi Valley.Cartographer(s): Georges-Louis le RougePlace/Date: Paris / 1787$1,400 Add to cart
- Colton’s New Topographical Map of the Eastern Portion of the State of North Carolina with Part of Virginia and South Carolina from the latest and best authorities.
Rare and important contemporary Civil War map of the Carolina coast Union blockade.Place/Date: New York / 1861$4,500 Add to cart
- Panorama of the Seat of the War Birds Eye View of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia
First state! Dramatic panoramic view of the central theater of the American Civil War.Cartographer(s): John BachmannPlace/Date: New York / 1861$3,800 Add to cart