Rare Maps of North America and the Western Hemisphere
Showing 1–25 of 29 results
- Americae Pars Borealis, Florida, Baccalaos, Canada, Corterealis. A Cornelio de Iudæis in luce edita.
The first printed folio map of North America and the most iconic American chart of the 16th century.Cartographer(s): Gerard & Cornelius de JodePlace/Date: Antwerp / 1593$42,500 Add to cart
- Descriptio Indiae Occidentalis per Antonium de Herrera.
The first map to show California as an island!Cartographer(s): Michiel ColijnPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1622$2,900 Add to cart
- Carta prima generale d’America dell’India Occidentale e Mare del Zur
The earliest published sea chart to focus on the California coast!Cartographer(s): Sir Robert DudleyPlace/Date: Florence / 1648$6,200 Add to cart
- Pascaart vertoonende de Zeecusten van Chile, Peru, Hispania Nova, Nova Granada, en California.
Superb first state of Doncker’s chart of the Pacific with California as an island.Cartographer(s): Hendrick DonckerPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1659$4,500 Add to cart
- L’America settentrionale nuovamente corretta, et accresciuta secondo le relationi più moderne da Guglielmo Sansone
Spectacular old color Italian edition of Sanson’s seminal map of North America.Cartographer(s): Giacomo Giovanni de RossiPlace/Date: Rome / 1677$2,800 Add to cart
- AMERICA SETTENTRIONALE Colle Nuove Scoperte fin all’Anno 1688…
Coronelli’s decisive 1688 map of the North American continent depicting California as an Island.Cartographer(s): Vincenzo CoronelliPlace/Date: Venice / 1688$13,500 Add to cart
- La Californie ou Nouvelle Caroline, Teatro De Los Trabajos Apostolicos De La Compa. E. Jesus En La America Septe…
The largest and most important separately-published 18th century map of California in rare original color.Cartographer(s): Nicholas de FerPlace/Date: Paris / 1720$9,000 Add to cart
- Seno de California, y su costa oriental nuevamente descubierta, y registrada desde el Cabo de las Virgenas, hasta su termino, que es el Rio Colorado ano 1747…
Consag’s seminal map of California which conclusively ended the classic cartographic myth that California was an island.Cartographer(s): Fernando ConsagPlace/Date: Madrid / 1757$975 Add to cart
- A Chart of North and South America, Including the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, with the nearest Coasts of Europe, Africa, and Asia
Sayer-Bennet-Mead’s 1775 detailed chart of the Western Hemisphere with Pacific and Arctic routes of exploration.Place/Date: London / 1775$4,500 Add to cart
- Carte de la Cote de L’Amérique sur l’Océan Pacifique Septentrional le Territoire de l’Orégon, les Californies, la Mer Vermeille, Partie des Territoires de la Compagnie de la Baie d’Hudson, et de l’Amérique Russe.
Fantastic map of the American West by Duflot de Mofras, with period annotations.Cartographer(s): Eugène Duflot de MofrasPlace/Date: Paris / 1844$15,000 Add to cart
- A New Map of Texas, Oregon and California with the Regions Adjoining. Compiled from the most recent authorities
Samuel Augustus Mitchell’s definitive chart of the American West: a quintessential guide for those drawn to the frontier.Cartographer(s): Samuel Augustus MitchellPlace/Date: Philadelphia / 1846$12,500 Add to cart
- Map of Oregon and Upper California from the Surveys of John Charles Fremont and Other Authorities
Frémont & Preuss mapping the West – Presentation copy by Senator T.H. Benton.Place/Date: Washington, D.C. / 1848$3,400 Add to cart
- Sacramento in Californien: Des Auswanderers Hoffnung.
Gold Rush view of old town Sacramento around the time of California’s statehood.Cartographer(s): J. HessePlace/Date: Germany / ca. 1850$2,100 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the United States of America, The British Provinces, Mexico and The West Indies Showing the Countries From the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean
Colton’s spectacular wall map of a rapidly expanding America.Cartographer(s): The Colton Mapmaking CompanyPlace/Date: New York / 1854$9,500 Add to cart
- RECONNAISSANCE OF THE WESTERN COAST OF THE UNITED STATES MIDDLE SHEET FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO UMPQUAH RIVER
Eminent geographer and historian George Davidson tracks the West Coast voyage of Sebastian Vizcaino.Cartographer(s): Office of the Coast SurveyPlace/Date: Washington, D.C. /  1854$2,900 Add to cart
- Map of the Mining Region of California 1855. Drawn and Compiled by Geo. H. Baker
Baker’s 1855 Mining Region map – one of the finest California Gold Region maps ever produced.Cartographer(s): George Holbrook BakerPlace/Date: Sacramento / 1855$4,500 Add to cart
- Map Of The State Of California. Compiled from the most recent surveys and explorations…
1860 map of California with a large bird’s-eye-view of post Gold Rush San Francisco.Cartographer(s): VincentPlace/Date: Paris / 1860$3,800 Add to cart
- A New Map of the States of California and Nevada…Exhibiting the Rivers, Lakes, Bays and Islands, with the principal Towns, Roads, Railroads and Transit Routes to the Silver Mining Districts…1867
Rare 1867 edition of Ransom & Doolittle’s map of California and Nevada, published in San Francisco by Warren Holt.Place/Date: San Francisco / 1867$3,400 Add to cart
- Californien. Veröffentlicht von der Einwanderungs-gesellschaft von Californien. (“The Immigration Association of California.”) San Francisco. No. 10 California Str. (wrapper title)
1882 Guide for German immigrants with up-to-date California rail routes.Cartographer(s): Britton & ReyPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1882$750 Add to cart
- Preliminary Mineralogical and Geological Map of the State of California Issued By The California State Mining Bureau. January 1st 1891.
A pioneering map of California, in which the entire state is mapped in mineralogical and geological terms for the first time.Cartographer(s): Julius C. HenkeniusPlace/Date: San Francisco / 1891$2,600 Add to cart