Rare Maps of The United States
Showing 1–25 of 74 results
- Watson’s New Rail Road and Distance Map of the United States and Canada
Watson’s New Rail Road and Distance Map of the United States and Canada — in an exceptional railroad-style frame, if desired.Cartographer(s): Gaylord WatsonPlace/Date: New York / 1869$4,500 Add to cart
- Manuscript Chart of the Western Atlantic and Eastern American Seaboard
Master & Commander: a manuscript map of Napoleonic War Atlantic maritime activity unlike any other.Cartographer(s): AnonymousPlace/Date: Not listed / ca. 1797Read more
- A THING WELL BEGUN IS HALF DONE. UNCLE SAM—“Finish the canal, McKinley, and make our national expansion complete in your first administration.”
William McKinley & Uncle Sam: a wonderful 1899 persuasive map advocating for the construction of the Nicaragua Canal.Cartographer(s): Frederick Victor GillamPlace/Date: New York / 1899$975 Add to cart
- The American Union Railroad Map Of The United States, British Possessions, West Indies, Mexico, And Central America. 1871. Published by Haasis & Lubrecht, 107 Liberty Street, New York. Smith & McDougal, Electrotypers, 82 Beekman Street, New York.
First edition of Haasis & Lubrecht’s iconic map of an America connected by rail.Cartographer(s): Haasis & LubrechtPlace/Date: New York / 1871Read more
- Map of the United States of America, the British provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America with part of New Granada and Venezuela
A map of American potential; a map that points towards a great, but still unfulfilled future.Place/Date: New York / 1850$4,200 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the United States of America, The British Provinces, Mexico and The West Indies Showing the Countries From the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean
Colton’s spectacular wall map of a rapidly expanding America.Place/Date: New York / 1854$9,500 Add to cart
- They’ve got an invisible program to end an undeclared war backed by a silent majority.
A sharp anti-Vietnam War protest broadside that captured the zeitgeist of the time, matched the moment, and pulled no punches.Cartographer(s): Robert GrossmanPlace/Date: New York City / 1970$1,450 Add to cart
- Railroad Map of Ohio. Published By The State. 1914.
Connecting people and industries in the Rust Belt: a 1914 folding railroad map of Ohio.Cartographer(s): Columbus Lithograph Co.Place/Date: Columbus, OH / 1914$375 Add to cart
- Colton’s Map of the United States of America Showing the Country from the Atlantic to the Pacific
G.W. & C.B. Colton’s first U.S.-centric coast-to-coast map of the United States.Place/Date: New York / 1867$11,000 Add to cart
- A GENERAL MAP OF NORTH AMERICA; In which is Express’d The Several New Roads, Forts, Engagements, &c. taken from Actual Surveys and Observations Made in the Army employ’d there, From the Year 1745, to 1761: Drawn by the Late JOHN ROCQUE, Topographer to his MAJESTY.
An astonishing copy of John and Mary Ann Rocque’s seminal map of North America: The most accurate map of the continent at the time, finalized and published by the first female cartographer to depict North America.Place/Date: London / 1762Read more
- Colton’s Map of the Oil District of West Virginia and Ohio
Mapping an early American oil boom: rare first state of Colton’s Map of West Virginia and Ohio.Cartographer(s): Joseph Hutchins ColtonPlace/Date: New York / 1865$3,600 Add to cart
- Virginiae Item et Floridae Americae Provinciarum, nova Descriptio.
The most important and influential map of Virginia and Carolina to appear in the 17th century, in excellent original color.Cartographer(s): Jodocus HondiusPlace/Date: Amsterdam / ca. 1630$2,600 Add to cart
- Neueste Post-u. Eisenbahn Karte der Vereinigten Staaten von Nord-America.
Rare German pocket map with inset showing California gold fields and unusual boundaries.Cartographer(s): Sigmund BeyerleinPlace/Date: Nürnberg / 1856Read more
- The Spanish Heritage and Contribution to the American Independence 1512-1823
A historical map of the United States celebrating Spanish heritage in North America.Cartographer(s): Alejandro de MunsPlace/Date: Madrid / 1981Read more
- Carte D’Une Partie De L’Amerique Septentrionale, pour servir a l’Histoire derniere Guerre
Mapping post-independence America: 1787 Le Rouge map of the East Coast and the Mississippi Valley.Cartographer(s): Georges-Louis le RougePlace/Date: Paris / 1787$1,400 Add to cart
- Etats-Unis De L’Amerique Septentrionale Avec Les Isles Royale, De Terre Neuve, De St. Jean, L’Acadie &c.
State names that never were: post-Independence map of the U.S. with Jefferson’s 10 proposed states and early Michigan.Place/Date: Paris / ca. 1785Read more
- Le Nouveau Mexique et La Floride: Tirees de diverses Cartes, et Relations
A rare first state by one of the seventeenth century’s greatest cartographers.Cartographer(s): Nicolas SansonPlace/Date: Paris / 1656Read more
- Carte Générale des États-Unis, des Haut et Bas-Canada, de la Nouvelle Ecosse, du Nouveau Brunswick, de Terre-Neuve, etc.
Partie de la République du Texas – French map of the United States updated to include the Republic of Texas and the city of Austin.Place/Date: Paris / 1843Read more
- Carte du Théatre de la Guerre actuel entre les Anglais et les Trieze Colonies Unies de l’Amerique Septentrionale dressée par J. B. Eliot Ingénieurs des Etats Unis 1778.
First map to name the United States and a contemporaneous illustration of the American Revolutionary War.Cartographer(s): Louis-Joseph MondharePlace/Date: Paris / 1778Read more
- Pony Express Route April 3, 1860 – October 24, 1861
Vivid pictorial commemoration of the Pony Express centennial.Place/Date: New York / 1961Read more