Rare Maps of Asia
Showing all 18 results
- Erythraei Sive Rubri Maris Periplus, olim ab Arriano descriptus, nunc vero ab Abrah. Orelio ex eodem delineatus
Illustrating a mysterious ancient text: fascinating Ortelius map mixing classical mythology and contemporary exploration.Cartographer(s): Abraham OrteliusPlace/Date: Antwerp / 1624$1,200 Add to cart
- Pascaart vertoonende de Zeecusten van Chile, Peru, Hispania Nova, Nova Granada, en California.
Superb first state of Doncker’s chart of the Pacific with California as an island.Cartographer(s): Hendrick DonckerPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1659$4,500 Add to cart
- Asia Ex Conatibus Geographicis Ioannis Baptistae Nicolosii S.T.D.
Nicolosi’s gorgeous four-sheet map of Asia.Cartographer(s): Giovanni Battista NicolosiPlace/Date: Rome / [First state] 1660$6,500 Add to cart
- Paskaerte Zynde t’Oosterdeel van Oost Indien, met Alle de Eylanden daer Ontrendt Geleegen van C. Comorin tot aen Japan
An accomplished work of design and engraving: 1666 chart of Southeast Asia by Abraham Goos with original color.Cartographer(s): Pieter GoosPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1666$9,000 Add to cart
- João Teixeira Cosmographo. De sua, Magestade. Aféz em Lixboa o Anno de 1649
Rare 17th century portolan-style chart designed for use aboard Portuguese merchant vessels.Place/Date: Paris / ca. 1672$4,500 Add to cart
- Le Royaume de Siam avec les Royaumes qui luy sont Tributaires…
Gorgeous Dutch map of the southern Malay peninsula, Sumatra, Borneo, and Java.Cartographer(s): Joachim OttensPlace/Date: Amsterdam / ca. 1720$525 Add to cart
- Insulae Iavae Pars Occidentalis Edente Hadriano Relando…Insulae Iavae Pars Orientalis Edente Hadriano Relando
The beating heart of Dutch East India: a rare and beautiful second state of Gerard van Keulen’s visually overwhelming map of Java.Cartographer(s): Johannes & Gerard Van KeulenPlace/Date: Amsterdam / 1753$4,900 Add to cart
- First Part of Asia being Turkey, Arabia, Persia most of India and Tartary Performed by the Sr D Anville…Revised and Improved by Mr Bolton MDCCLV
Attractive English edition of d’Anville’s important map of Asia, among the most accurate presentations of Arabia at the time.Cartographer(s): Jean Baptiste Bourguignon d'Anville, Malachy Postlethwayt, R.W. Seale, Solomon BoltonPlace/Date: London / 1755$625 Add to cart
- To Mark Wood Esq. M.P., Colonel of the Army in India, Late Chief Engineer and Surveyer General, of Bengal, This Map of India Compiled from various Interesting and Valuable Materials Is Inscribed in Grateful Testimony of His Liberal Communications By his obedient and most humble Servant A. Arrowsmith.
An extraordinarily detailed wall map of British interests and possessions in the Indian Subcontinent at the dawn of the 19th century, executed by one of the Empire’s foremost cartographers.Place/Date: London / 1804$5,500 Add to cart
- [Pair of views] Rade et Ville de Sincapour & Rade de Sincapour prise de la maison du Gouverneur
Two of the earliest obtainable views of Singapore.Place/Date: Paris / 1846$7,000 Add to cart